Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The Journey from Abram to Abraham

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God the Only Cause and Creator – December 3rd, 2017 The Journey from Abram to Abraham

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

In every place where Abram settled throughout his earthly pilgrimage, he built an altar. Among the chief characteristics of any altar is that it is elevated from the ground it rests upon. Abram’s altar-building was the result of a mighty, single-minded determination to elevate his thought above the physical plane no matter what, to purify continually his perception of the One God in a world of gods many and lords many all calling out for recognition and attention. Abram’s success in life was the direct result of this unwavering intentionality: to be “absent from the body and present with the Lord.” This is how Abram prepared himself for each new, “next level” of life experience as he journeyed from matter to Spirit altar by altar, step by step, from Abram to Abraham, “uphill all the way.”

Mrs. Eddy stressed this point even further:

“I tell you truth when I say there is only one source of all good – God. The conscious recognition and acceptance of this fact acknowledged by every activity of the mind, not two or three times a day – but every few moments all day long – no matter what the outer self is doing, and this maintained will enable anyone to express his perfect freedom and dominion over all things human.

“Today is my day. And my world is but a reflection of my own mental attitude. the power within myself to reverse any destructive thought entering my mental household. I could not lovingly entertain unwelcome visitors, therefore I shall not willingly entertain unwelcome thoughts” (Collectanea 158).

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you. I love the quote you mention from Mrs. Eddy. To recognize God being the source of all good – as often as possible all day long has been a tremendous help to me. It keeps me connected to Him and to feel and to recognize His presence and power being with me every moment. There could be no greater blessing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.