Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

the LORD…shall keep thy foot from being taken

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mind – August 21st, 2016 the LORD…shall keep thy foot from being taken

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

8. 84
    Acquaintance with the Science of being enables us to commune more largely with the divine Mind, to foresee and foretell events which concern the universal welfare, to be divinely inspired, — yea, to reach the range of fetterless Mind.

This made me check the definition in the 1828 Webster’s…

FET’TERLESS, adjective Free from fetters or restraint.

FET’TER, noun
    1. A chain for the feet; a chain by which an animal is confined by the foot, either made fast or fixed, as a prisoner, or impeded in motion and hindered from leaping, as a horse whose fore and hind feet are confined by a chain.

…which brought me back to the Responsive Reading:

Proverbs 3
    26. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

For most of my life fear kept me from expecting and accepting a good and meaningful life. I was always feeling lost, and alone, and not sure why I was here. I never understood how to get past all that before coming to this church. Learning about Christian Science these past years has helped me to get past much of that fear and all of that feeling of being lost. What wonderful healings these have been for me, and I am grateful to no longer be concerned about myself, but to join with this church to bring Christian Science and God’s goodness to all, because I know there must be so many that felt as I once did. I am so grateful for this opportunity! Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.