Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The one question

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Susanne
    Participant

This sentence stood out to me while contemplating the Bible lesson today: “Spiritual causation is the one question to be considered, for more than all others spiritual causation relates to human progress.” (S&H citation 5)

Wow. The ONE question! No wonder I felt like I was in a hamster cage for so long, going round and round, feeling like I was never making any progress. I wasn’t considering the one question, spiritual causation, but trying to apply Christian Science to problems that I couldn’t see my way out of since I was not truly considering how I was perceiving things–and basically, not being honest with myself. It took a few years of teaching and “tough love” here at Plainfield for me to begin to see my way out of the hole I had made for myself by not obeying God… which meant really listening to Him and getting myself out of the way.

I can understand things now as I never could before. What a wonderful spiritual adventure Christian Science provides.

chardelle

Thank you! The citation you picked ends with – The age seems ready to approach this subject, to ponder somewhat the supremacy of Spirit, and at least to touch the hem of Truth’s garment.

I too love this citation and we know just to touch the hem of Truth’s garment brings spiritual growth and healing.

Michael Pupko
    Participant

The ‘hem of Truth’s garments’ derives from the priests having worn white robes with a ‘hem’ of purple which they touched or grasped while in prayer. Seeing the power of Christ Jesus to heal, many wanted to touch the hem of his garment knowing they would be healed (though not formal priest’s clothing or purple) and did so with great results:)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.