Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The overturning

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bruce
    Participant

Our lesson this week ends with the statement from Science and Health “God will overturn, until ‘He come whose right it is’”, quoting from Ezekiel 21. This overturning is a good thing, it is Truth urging itself to be accepted, but it is not always seen that way. Many times I have had things just the way I like them, then to have circumstance overturned. But in hindsight I could tell I was saved from an unhealthy dependence on material comforts. People tend to be comfortable with what they are familiar with. We should be more familiar with good and not resist the inevitable overturning of Truth. When things are overturned, the things of God endure and prove to be stable, all else gets sifted out. So they right approach when the overturning comes is to take on the sentiment of the golden text, Teach me thy way; I will walk in thy truth.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.