Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

the pattern showed to thee in the mount

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God the Only Cause and Creator – December 9th, 2018 the pattern showed to thee in the mount

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“…through divine influence, ‘according to the pattern showed to thee in the mount.'” Science and Health By Mary Baker Eddy p.236 (The pattern, or blueprint God gave to Moses designed to implement Gods purposes, obedience to God’s and His precepts.)

This is a beautiful Lesson and treatment for beliefs attached to human generation.

During Sunday’s Roundtable Dec.2,2018 the topic spiritualism was addressed. When I first started working with a practitioner at this church she discerned my need to correct my thinking regarding the false system of spiritualism. She had me read the chapter on “Christian Science versus Spiritualism” from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. This reading and working with her educated and cleansed my thinking. While I was not taught at home to believe in ghosts or spirits I did pick it up from other sources. The last couple of years I have noticed a rapid growth in popularity of spiritualism in our society having millions of followers. You can find it paraded before the public through talk shows, movies (even Disney), magazines and books, not to mention the many tv shows in which people claim to be able to “channel” or communicate with the dead. This false system would act as physicians of the soul but instead mesmerizes one deeper into harmful beliefs. I mention this because it is presented as harmless entertainment, a comfort, spiritual solution, helpful, and sometimes a religion. When broken down you find this false system focuses on death and tragedy, separation from good, magnifies personality and ego, many creators, mind in matter with many minds and souls, relies on mortal mind reading, gives evil power, superstition, godless, and falls under occult. Moses also was very clear in Deuteronomy 18:9–12 regarding these false systems. Since our class Sunday I have been more aware to counter the attraction to that which would take man from God.

What we are doing here at Plainfield is so important to counter these lies and deception and to bring out the Truth that saves, heals everything, answers all questions, brings comfort, peace, and lives into obedience to God. What a priceless opportunity we have to have Watches to counter the lies of animal magnetism.

“Spiritually to understand that there is but one creator, God, unfolds all creation, confirms the Scriptures, brings the sweet assurance of no parting, no pain, and of man deathless and perfect and eternal.” Science and Health p. 69

Espaid
    Participant

Spiritualism “is presented as harmless entertainment, a comfort, spiritual solution, helpful, and sometimes a religion. When broken down you find this false system focuses on death and tragedy, separation from good, magnifies personality and ego, many creators, mind in matter with many minds and souls, relies on mortal mind reading, gives evil power, godless, and falls under occult.”

Thank you for pointing this out. A family member likes to watch a TV show where “ghost hunters” explore so-called paranormal activities in spooky locations. I have watched a couple episodes recently since I happen to be in the room, and I end up rolling my eyes. However, just the other day, I told this family member that if he were to watch this show, I would remove myself and not be in the same room. It came to me that it is not in my best interest to even watch it for entertainment reasons because it is so foreign to everything I am learning.

“Between Christian Science and all forms of superstition a great gulf is fixed, as impassable as that between Dives and Lararus.” S&H, p. 83

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.