Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The Plainfield Church

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board The Plainfield Church

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kerry
    Participant

While reading Christian Science articles I came across something, written in an August 31, 1907 Sentinel, “From Our Exchanges.”

[The Christian World, London.]
    “The true function of the Church is that of a character builder. It exists to emphasize the significance of the individual, to develop the spiritual capacity of human units, to awaken in each soul a sense of its affinity with its Creator, and of the infinite and everlasting Love which ordains its destiny.”

What a beautiful description of the function of Church. In the past, what was written would only have represented nice words to read and not related to anything that I had seen in my church experience. But, having been led to the Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent, this excerpt from the Sentinel takes on new meaning. I understand it. I see it and know the truth of it. I have felt it. I am so grateful to have found it in the Plainfield Church.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.