Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The power of sincere gratitude for God

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

After reading our Thanksgiving Lesson this morning, I was thinking about the wonderful quality of gratitude. For most of my life I thought I was grateful, but have since learned it was only in a very superficial way. My ingratitude resulted in many problems emotional as well as physical and I never even realized this was a large part of all my troubles. As our watching point explains this week (#307), true gratitude is not to be only grateful for the “things” received but much more importantly it is to be deeply grateful for the Giver of all good! Sincere gratitude to God is the antidote for so many of mankind’s grumblings. It will heal depression, fear, stress, loneliness, feeling disconnected from Him, as well as a multitude of so-called physical problems. So, if you are experiencing any of those symptoms fill your heart up with an overwhelming sense of gratitude for your dear heavenly Father. Soon you will find the problem has vanished into its native nothingness and your peace will return.
    “No words our hidden joy can tell,
    A welling fount, it fills the heart;
    Not in the flesh, in Thee we dwell,
    In Thee our life, for Life thou art.” (hymn # 228)

Colleen Mostika
    Participant

Thank you so much for this, Mary Beth! After the Bible Study and Roundtable discussions over the weekend, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude like I’ve never felt before. I am so blessed to be able to join these meetings with you all. God so gently takes care of all of us! Thank you so much for the reference to Hymn #228…it is beautiful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.