Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The Power of Spirit To Overrule Mortal Material Sense

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Doctrine of Atonement – April 21st, 2019 The Power of Spirit To Overrule Mortal Material Sense

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Thanks to The Lesson writer. Mrs. Eddy said a great deal about Easter, to encourage and teach us to get the correct sense of Life, to embrace our spiritual heritage which is our only real selfhood!

SH 44 : 28-5 His disciples believed Jesus to be dead while he was hidden in the sepulchre, whereas he was alive, demonstrating within the narrow tomb the power of Spirit to overrule mortal, material sense.

My 191:15-21 This glad Easter morning witnesseth a risen Saviour, a higher human sense of Life and Love, that wipes away all tears. With grave-clothes laid aside, Christ, Truth, has come forth from the tomb of the past, clad in immortality.
    The sepulchres give up their dead—Spirit is saying unto matter, “I am not there,” am not within you—behold the place where they laid me! but human thought has risen. MARY BAKER G. EDDY. Pleasant View, Concord, N. H., March 20, 1899. (Emphasis Added).

Such words understood, cherished and lived, wipes away many tears.

Susanne
    Participant

Thank you for sharing this wonderful quote from Miscellany! I love the Christ, Truth, “clad in immortality.” We too can clothe ourselves mentally everyday in immortality, can we not?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.