Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"The pure in heart" and "the law of divine Love."

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Doctrine of Atonement — October 18th, 2020 "The pure in heart" and "the law of divine Love."

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Betty S
    Participant

When I first saw the Golden Text for this week’s lesson from Matthew 5: 8 “Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.” I remember thinking “Oh, that’s not my favorite beatitude” and “I’m not that pure in heart.” And that’s when I caught myself. Well, why couldn’t I be pure in heart?” Don’t we talk about being God’s children and keeping our innocence. In Science and Health it says,”In Science man is the offspring of Spirit. The beautiful, good and pure constitute his ancestry.” Then I need to work on seeing this as true about myself and others. As I read the Responsive Readings (II Peter 3) I realized that I also needed to repent of any wrong doing or sin in order to purify my heart and let the error be burned up. In addition, I should be “diligent” and “grow in grace.” I think I understood more about this lesson on “Atonement” when I read in Science and Health, “Jesus aided in reconciling man to God by giving man a truer sense of Love, the divine Principle of Jesus’ teachings, and this truer sense of Love redeems man from the law of matter, sin, and death by the law of Spirit, — the law of divine Love.” Thank you for this lesson!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.