Topic: The real meaning. | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

The real meaning.

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Russell 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Michael Pupko
    Participant

This past week, a kind member of the Plainfield congregation sent me a kind note of encouragement from which I was uplifted and thus most grateful for the ‘spiritual hug’ via email. I responded with thanks and a compliment on what I have noticed in their reading during the church services having become ‘smoother.’ Did I do this just to reciprocate? Did I really find this? What did I really mean?

This morning I read the Lesson Sermon out loud with the attitude as if I was reading in Church. It made no sense since our dog was sleeping next to me; does she care and does she listen? Then I came to Psalm 40:3 “And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.” I then realized how when I first joined this Church I would either mouth the hymns or whisper them during the services; now I sing them out loud. There is no embarrassment to singing “praise unto our God” mentally or loudly; whatever the situation requires.

The last sentence from S&H “If honest, he will be in earnest from the start, and gain a little each day in the right direction, till at last he finishes his course with joy.” summed up the joy I felt and understand now what I had written:)

Thank you to the lesson writer and this wonderful Plainfield Christian Science Church Independent!!

Susanne
    Participant

Psalm 40:3 “And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.”

What a beautiful passage!

I sometimes read the lesson out loud with the idea it’s for my community, even for the whole world to hear. I spent too many years being mute or timid about sharing Christian Science or even just sharing encouraging words about God and His love for us. Now I’m making up for lost time and sharing as much as I can. People are thirsty for the Truth! I find it is always encouraging to others when we share from the heart.

We are to let our light shine, so let’s raise our voices in praise! (And I do think even our pets benefit from hearing the Truth being spoken aloud.)

Florence
    Participant

Thanks for these posts; many a hymn, sang aloud on my walks has brought me much comfort when just silent declarations did not seem to work. I am so grateful for the inspired words /prayers in the hymns and psalms! Nothing should keep us from sharing them with the world from wherever we are.

Linda Russell
    Participant

Thank you so much for these beautiful posts!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.