Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The temple of the living God.

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Unreality — October 3rd, 2021 The temple of the living God.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“…for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” II Corinthians 6

When I read this line in the Lesson this week I imagined the story of when Jesus turned over the money changers tables, cleansing the temple and declaring it to be a house of prayer. Since coming to Plainfield I have come to learn the necessity of being vigilant and the need to consistently refuse to entertain ungodlike thoughts. Picturing myself in a holy temple casting out all that would defile the most sacred place where I communion with God has reminded me to treat this task of mental house cleaning with a greater respect and love.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” II Corinthians

“Say to yourself, “I am the temple of the living God; the Lord is in His holy temple, let this world of pain and trouble be still.” How Can You Help Yourself? by Peter V. Ross

“Fear, which is an element of all disease, must be cast out to readjust the balance for God.” Science and Health, by Mary Baker Eddy, page 392

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.