Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"the tree is known by his fruit"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Unreality – April 3rd, 2016 "the tree is known by his fruit"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

4. 299 : 18-23
    Knowledge gained from material sense is figuratively represented in Scripture as a tree, bearing the fruits of sin, sickness, and death. Ought we not then to judge the knowledge thus obtained to be untrue and dangerous, since “the tree is known by his fruit”?

Soon after I first arrived in Plainfield, the verses from Galatians (see below) about the works of the flesh and the fruit of the Spirit were in a lesson. It impressed me how clear it is what is right and what is wrong, and I often refer to the fruit of the Spirit to be sure I am expressing them. I spent enough time being known for fruit that was not good, so I am very thankful to be given the opportunity to learn and do better. Christian Science brings so many blessings! Thank you!

—–

Galatians 5: 19-23
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

chardelle

This is one of my favorites …….against such there is no law. Thank you for the reminder and to use this to check my thoughts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.