Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The virtuous woman

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sharon
    Participant

What is a virtuous woman? The 1928 Webster dictionary says: “virtuous is morally good; being in conformity to the divine law; having great or powerful properties.”

A virtuous woman is ready to help all, reaching out to meet the need. She is clothed in strength and honor, not needing the newest fashion or glamorous clothing but moral and strong in Truth. She is loving and kind, speaking as God directs. She takes care of her household, not being idle but caring for others in a Christly way, not wanting to be waited on.

“The ideal woman corresponds to Life and Love.” S&H 517:10. “Let her own works praise her in the gates.”

MaryBeth
    Participant

Sometimes you will hear people listing their accomplishments or perhaps the accomplishments of their children etc. It is always best to let their “own works” praise them!

spencel
    Participant

“She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.”

I am very grateful for the healing and lessons I am receiving here at Plainfield. I find that I am not as careless with my words and conversations. It took the understanding I am gaining here to start overcoming habits of talking that were often filled with human will, fear, careless words, and thoughtless. By facing the sin and healing the intent behind the unnecessary talking I am beginning to feel greater peace in my life. It takes great discipline but well worth the effort and prayer.
    Below are a couple of reminders I keep around.

WAIT: Why Am I Talking
    Silence is good, don’t just fill the air with unnecessary conversation.
    Guard your tongue. (Proverbs 21:23)
    Is what I am saying a blessing or a curse?
    THINK: Is it True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, Kind

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.