Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"The Way of the Wicked He Turneth Upside Down"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Christian Science – December 31st, 2017 "The Way of the Wicked He Turneth Upside Down"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

Psalm 146:9 makes for a practical, non-malpracticing watch for the world. The ways of the wicked are variously termed personal sense, animal magnetism, carnal mind, evil, devil, etc. and they are ever-working to invert the ways of God. But to attempt to think thoughts of Mind and thoughts of mind together at the same time is an exercise in futility: like trying to paint a portrait of a world right side up and topsy-turvy at the same time. “Mortal mind need[s] to be set right [right side up!]….I was cured when I learned my way in Christian Science” [SH 389].

Thus, understanding Christian Science inverts the ways of mortal mind so that it can no longer invert the ways of God.

SH 415 – “[Y]ou must calm and instruct mortal mind with immortal Truth.”
    SH 295 – “The mortal mind through which Truth appears most vividly is that one which has lost much materiality — much error — in order to become a better transparency for Truth.”
    SH 152 – “[I]mmortal divine Mind … saves mortal mind from itself.”
    SH 323 – “[D]ivine Science… elevates even mortal mind to the contemplation of something better than disease or sin.”
    SH 180 – “As mortal mind is the husbandman of error, it should be taught to do the body no harm and to uproot its false sowing.”
    SH 195 – Observation, invention, study, and original thought are expansive and should promote the growth of mortal mind out of itself, out of all that is mortal.”
    SH 196 – “Better the suffering which awakens mortal mind from its fleshly dream, than the false pleasures which tend to perpetuate this dream.”
    SH 326 – “[T]he great healer of mortal mind[, Christian Science,] is the healer of the body.”
    SH 374 -“[T]he truth of being, whispered into the ear of mortal mind, will bring relief.”
    SH 407 – “…Christian Science is the sovereign panacea, giving strength to the weakness of mortal mind, — strength from the immortal and omnipotent Mind, — and lifting humanity above itself into purer desires, even into spiritual power and good-will to man.”

Florence
    Participant

Psalm 146:9 The Lord preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.

Thanks for your post. Since I read this from the Lesson it has come to thought frequently to counteract all so called power of the false testimonies presenting in our world. It is a powerful Watch statement! I also like the preservation of strangers and the fact of God’s Love for all His children. God does take care of all. Whatever is ungodlike, we can take back to God’s kingdom for the realization of its true sense. In this way it becomes clearer and clearer that indeed God is ALL, Good IS, Evil is NOT.

Rae
    Participant

Thanks for this helpful post! I would like to add a favorite healing passage from S&H 162:4

“Christian Science brings to the body the sunlight of Truth, which invigorates and purifies. Christian Science acts as an alterative, neutralizing error with Truth. It changes the secretions, expels humors, dissolves tumors, relaxes rigid muscles, restores carious bones to soundness. The effect of this Science is to stir the human mind to a change of base, on which it may yield to the harmony of divine Mind.”

alterative – a drug used empirically to alter favorably the course of an ailment. (Webster’s 7th Collegiate Dictionary)

The particular quote has a restorative power to shift me back to Truth, and I feel a peacefulness set in whenever I read it slowly, and let the words seep down deep. A wonderful prescription!

Joyful blessings,

Rae

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.