Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

the wondrous works of God

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carol
    Participant

“Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.” (Job)

What a wonderful way to counteract the lies that animal magnetism is constantly parading before our eyes, by filling our thoughts and our being with “the wondrous works of God”!

Mrs. Eddy says to “Hold thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true, and you will bring these into your experience proportionably to their occupancy of your thoughts.” (S&H 261:4) Refusing to stand in awe of wickedness and hate, let us stand in awe of “the wondrous works of God”!! and not give evil any life at all—since it never was, is not now, and never can be the truth of being. God is All! And the world will be blessed!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Carol.
    Florence
    Participant

Beautiful Carol; running errands the thought kept coming to acknowledge the Christ in myself and see it everywhere I go!
    This I feel does protect my “demonstrating thought.”

Sharon
    Participant

This was a good reminder to me to also acknowledge the beautiful things God created – the trees, flowers, stars, birds, a rainbow etc. and thank Him for them. “God saw every thing he had made, and, behold, it was very good.” Genesis 1:31

jacob45
    Participant

To infinite, ever-present Love, all is Love, and there is no error, no sin, sickness, nor death. To Truth there is no error, – all is Truth.
    Our efforts are directed at having no mind before Mind. The kingdom, or Christ-consciousness, is Life living itself wholly unaware of any mortal, material sense of living. (Keeps me busy and on my toes.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.