Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

They escaped all safe to land.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,
    Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Cæsar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.
    Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.
    Then were they all of good cheer, and they also took some meat.
    And we were in all in the ship two hundred threescore and sixteen souls.
    And so it came to pass, that they escaped all safe to land.” Acts 27

Today this story of Paul in the Lesson moved me as a prayer and example for our church. No matter the “tempestuous wind” and “exceedingly tossed” the storms we are encountering, and “all hope…was taken away” we like Paul can trust God has “… given thee all them that sail with thee” and we can be of good cheer as Paul expressed so that, “all in the ship two hundred threescore and sixteen souls. … that they escaped all safe to land.” Paul was obedient to his calling from God and did not stop trusting God, “whose I am, and whom I serve” despite the fact he was a prisoner and the shipmates had not “hearkened” to his Godly counsel before the storm. He continued to stand firm in the storm, speak up, watch over those given him, and his prayers were a full protection even when violence was planned. He never stopped spreading the Word of God. Thank you Lesson writer!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.