Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

They That Murmured

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mind – February 24th, 2019 They That Murmured

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

Isaiah 29: 24 “They also that erred (gone astray) in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured (criticize) shall learn doctrine (will accept instruction).”

“All who murmured at the truths of God, as hard sayings, shall learn and be aware what God designed in all.”(Matthew Henry)

Murmur: To grumble; to complain; to utter sullen discontent;(Webster’s !828)

In thinking about murmuring I appreciate the many instructions here such as “keep your joy”, keep a gratitude journal, the importance of persistence, and to ask God for wisdom. The classes teaching practical Christian Science help us correct thought and stay the course. Plainfield has helped me change the bad habit of complaining by teaching how to, “Hold thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true,…” By Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health, p. 260.

spencel
    Participant

“…Just for today I will know that I have strength to meet and conquer every claim of error, and that under the guidance of divine Principle I will be led to throw open the door for the entrance of Truth; and know that through that same door error is cast forth. Then with a sweet sense of God’s nearness I will know that yesterday has gone, and left no bitterness, and that today is big with blessings, that tomorrow belongs to God; and to realize this today eliminates all worry and pain and trouble, and brings us peace and happiness.” by Mary Baker Eddy, Blue Book p. 159

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.