Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Thoroughy cured

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

“When disease is once destroyed in this so-called mortal mind, the fear of disease is gone, and therefore the disease is thoroughly cured.” (S&H) I have found, in my own experience, when any type of problem reoccurs it is because I have not completely gotten rid of my fear of it. So how do we get rid of fear, this strong man we must bind? It is a step by step, day by day process. It is catching all those little thoughts that flit by in your head, suggesting to you the problem is real and God is not Omnipotent –and destroying them “thoroughly” with the Truth of your Being. Remember what Mrs. Eddy says in the Blue Book page 142, “Afraid? Afraid of what? What does earth hold that can compare with God’s omnipotence? Trust to His care; make faith in Him your staff – it will not bend.” This so-called strong man of fear becomes absolutely nothing when confronted with the All-power and All-presence of our loving Father!

Colleen Mostika
    Participant

Thank you so much for these helpful ideas! I keep telling myself- “Love is the substance of thought.” So, when I get afraid, I can correct my thinking and tell myself – No! “Love is the substance of thought.” This quick response is helping me to think on the right side. True thoughts!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.