Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Thou Art The Man

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Certainly we all perhaps distance ourselves from David’s sin but have we not all to some extent, in different ways and forms sinned against God? Repentance, contrition and an honest desire for reformation are what is required of us.

If we are bearing false witness of ourselves and others by accepting sickness as real, attaching wrong behaviour to people, in effect are we not “killing” our own and others’ true being? Some of these hidden wrong thoughts are just as sinful since they defile Love’s creation. Thank God for Christian Science and its revealing of what is an offense against God. And its mission of Love also makes clear what we must do to correct our ways.

I find these citations very helpful for all, David’s Psalm 139:23-24
    23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
    24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

We can ask our loving Father to:
    Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

We know now that there is no unforgivable sin, and none can forfeit the great blessing in 11 Chronicles 7:14:
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

With tears of contrition should we not all do our part in bringing in the millennium?

Susanne
    Participant

Thank you for this post, especially this:

“If we are bearing false witness of ourselves and others by accepting sickness as real, attaching wrong behaviour to people, in effect are we not “killing” our own and others’ true being? Some of these hidden wrong thoughts are just as sinful since they defile Love’s creation. Thank God for Christian Science and its revealing of what is an offense against God. And its mission of Love also makes clear what we must do to correct our ways.”

“Bearing witness” to the perfection of God’s creation is what I am to always do! Thank you for this reminder.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.