Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Three statements of our unity with God

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Doctrine of Atonement – April 15th, 2018 Three statements of our unity with God

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

In the lesson this week from the book of John are three important sayings from Christ Jesus we have been taught here to work with on a daily basis. They are, “I and my Father are one.”; “The Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works.” and “The Father hath not left me alone.” Powerful statements to apply in our lives! It is also helpful to note Christ Jesus refers to God as his “Father”, at least sixteen times in our lesson. This clearly indicates the tender and loving relationship Jesus had with his Creator. So, if you are ever tempted to feel separate from God, to feel that He is a God afar off, one that you could never feel close to – think about the relationship Christ Jesus had with his Father and know it is possible for you too. Jesus came to show us the Way. He came to introduce new concepts about God and man. As you work and pray with these statements of Truth, you too will begin to feel your at-one-ment with the Father that loves you. The old and unloving concepts of God, taught by old theology, will thankfully pass away as untrue and unreal.

Lil
    Participant

Thank you so very much!!

Susanne
    Participant

These three wonderful passages remind me of John 14, verse 12: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.”

Taking these three sayings to heart brings one a step closer to walking in Jesus’ footsteps–something that old theology cannot explain. Mrs. Eddy named a chapter in Science and Health “Footsteps of Truth” and just before in the preceding chapter, she states: “We walk in the footsteps of Truth and Love by following the example of our Master in the understanding of divine metaphysics.” Thank God we have S&H with its Key to the Scriptures that unlocks these truths so we may feel our at-one-ment with God. Hallelujah!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.