Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

To Hear His Voice

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – January 5th, 2020 To Hear His Voice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

What kind of a Father -Mother would that be if we were made not to hear His voice? Often we hear, “but I cannot hear God or I do not feel His/Her presence.” Our Father-Mother is too close for any of those suggestions to be even possible. Let us learn to reject any such deceiving lies and persist in claiming what is ours as from Deut. 4:36:

Out of heaven he made thee to hear his voice, that he might instruct thee.

We reflect all that He is, including the Christ Mind with perfect spiritual understanding/hearing, because God gave us that ability so we can hear Him!

parthens
    Participant

So important!

Exodus 23: “Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.”

“ANGELS. God’s thoughts passing to man; spiritual intuitions, pure and perfect; the inspiration of goodness, purity, and immortality, counteracting all evil, sensuality, and mortality” (SH, p. 581)

“WILDERNESS … the vestibule in which a material sense of things disappears, and spiritual sense unfolds the great facts of existence.” (SH 597)

When faced with any difficulty in my life, before I stretch forth a human-will-inspired hand to steady the ark — before taking any action or speaking any word — I must listen to the angel of God . I must “[w]ait patiently for divine Love to move upon the waters of mortal mind, and form the perfect concept.” (SH 454)

Immortal Mind has the answer, a place prepared for me, but I must wait upon God long and often enough to acquaint myself with the Angel of His presence.

Excerpts from “His Angel” (CS Sentinel, May, 1909), by Blanche Hersey Hogue:

“[T]he things required of him who would follow it [the angel of Exodus 23], and the happy results of obedience to it, are clearly stated. God sends His angel to each receptive heart. His highest idea of good then goes before the mortal, keeping him, bringing him into the prepared place.”

“When the promise reads to the student that God will send a pure and perfect spiritual intuition to keep him in the way, and to bring him into the place which God has prepared, the mental process of spiritual guidance can be comprehended. When it is seen that an angel is not an etherealized person, but a right idea, and that such right idea can become a dominating influence in the mind of the individual who cherishes it, mortals need no longer grope in doubt concerning divine help, for they learn that the angel of one’s highest sense of good lies within, not without, the borderland of one’s own thinking, and consequently is an ever-available help in every problem of life. This angel, admitted, understood, and obeyed, fosters the right living which naturally follows right thinking; and so salvation can begin today, and the place which God has prepared can be, in a degree, a present possession.”

“The mortal is admonished to ‘beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions.’ Truly, every would-be Christian has long since learned that his highest ideal has no pardon for the unworthy and the base, but holds him unwaveringly to his highest and best performance! ‘For my name is in him,’ continues the record,—the seal of divinity marking every right idea as its own, declaring every pure and perfect thought God’s offspring! Then the promise follows, the reward of obedience: ‘But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.’ By simple obedience to the highest monitor of heart and conscience, right purpose and endeavor are strengthened, and every Christian warrior may find himself equipped for the battle with the hosts of self, wherein God’s angel is indeed an adversary unto all the foes of righteous manhood.” (Emphasis added}

Susanne
    Participant

“When it is seen that an angel is not an etherealized person, but a right idea, and that such right idea can become a dominating influence in the mind of the individual who cherishes it, mortals need no longer grope in doubt concerning divine help, for they learn that the angel of one’s highest sense of good lies within, not without, the borderland of one’s own thinking, and consequently is an ever-available help in every problem of life.

This is so powerful! “The kingdom of God is within you.” All we have to do is listen. The moment by moment challenge in a noisy world clamoring for attention, but entirely doable.

Thank you for these posts, so helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.