Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Two Trials

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Pupko
    Participant

Until this lesson I never thought of “The Adulterous Woman” (John 8) and Mary Baker Eddy’s “Trial” (S&H p. 430) in the same context. While the the woman was taken in the act of adultery I have always wondered where the other defendant was. In Mrs. Eddy’s allegory the defendant was doing good deeds. I now see the similarities is that in the ‘human’ court of law both are condemned to death based on material laws, and an added element of material thinking. In both cases the Christ invokes Spiritual Law, first by speaking against what was accepted ‘law’ but in conflict with moral, Divine Law, and then overturns the material concepts of law by arguing that false thinking is the criminal and healing the accused of that sin.

For a number of years I have been saying that the issue in our Nation’s governing is a moral issue. What I’m most gratefully learning now is that there IS a solution which IS God’s Laws and Government. This needs to govern this Nation’s Government first and foremost; at least until that time when all members of this Nation are governed 100% by God. I recall visiting a foreign country where they drive on the ‘wrong’ side of the road; I had to adapt to their ‘law’ because I couldn’t expect all others to suddenly drive on ‘my’ side of the road. What was almost worse was asking at the car rental place for a fact sheet on road signage which they declared was universal world wide, so they didn’t have any:) Thankfully we no accidents in spite of not knowing what all the road signs meant because they weren’t universal to me!

Thank you for this Lesson Sermon and the goal is it will improve my Watches as relating to ‘True Government.’

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.