Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Understanding

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

Back in 1994 I thought I had better get a clearer and deeper understanding of God and Christian Science. It was during a a snow and ice season that went on for almost a month, so I took the time to really buckle down. I had a nice healing from an injury during that time so I knew I was on the right track,BUT.. I have always struggled with this deep understanding and thought I could do more. Coming to Plainfield has brought me new hope. The word understanding was used numerous times in the Lesson on Mind last week and this week in Christ Jesus it is used again. I pray for understanding. Science and Health 343: 14-24… Jesus strips all disguise from error, when his teachings are fully understood. By parable and arguments he explains the impossibility of good producing evil; and he also scientifically demonstrates this great fact, proving by what are wrongly called miracles, that sin, sickness, and death are beliefs–illusive errors– which he could and did destroy. So I march on following God, Christ Jesus and Mary Baker Eddy.

Gary
    Participant

There is a reason why Jesus was patient with his disciples. He appreciated that in order for us to begin to understand, it required a change of base in our thinking which comes only through experience. It is not an easy change for some of us to accept that life is spiritual and not material. It is not that we can understand everything there is to know about God. That is a bad misconception, yet it is what too many people try to do. I find it most useful to understand the qualities I must maintain in order to live the life God intended for me (the reality of what He created). Jesus was humbler than anyone. He trusted God and followed God in everything he said and did. To me, that is the first step in beginning to understand anything. He was wise beyond measure because He saw what God showed him. He was loving because he was obedient to God, and our loving God could do no other. He healed because he could not accept anything other than God’s perfect creation in his experience. These are the lessons Jesus taught. We understand them as we follow them. Pretty challenging at times, but so rewarding…

jacob45
    Participant

Yes, for so many years I understood Science with my brain, but my body had a different agenda. But..I never gave up, I knew it was true.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.