Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Unquenchable. Unstoppable. Un-dam-able

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Spirit – February 5th, 2017 Unquenchable. Unstoppable. Un-dam-able

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

Golden Text: I Thessalonians 5 : 19, 20
    “Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings.”

RESPONSIVE READING: I Corinthians 2 : 9, 10, 12-15
    9. As it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

In the times before coming to Plainfield, even in my darkest moments, I had an intense feeling that I had a purpose and a reason to be here. At that time, I considered myself an atheist, and such a thought has no basis when you believe in nothing. Yet it was there, and it was strong.

I see now that despite my best attempts at quenching the Spirit, it could never stop that still, small voice from speaking constantly. Spirit is ever-present, delivering goodness, correction, hope, inspiration, revelation, and whatever else I need to be His expression.

It gives me great comfort to know that — even as I tried to dam myself off with false beliefs and foolish thoughts; to hide from that voice — Truth, Life, and Love flows to each of God’s ideas constantly. There is no stopping it, and no stopping the needs of all being met by it. Each material obstruction will fall until all mankind realizes they were not separate for one moment from God.

What a blessing Christian Science is! I am so grateful for how being a member of this church has opened my eyes to the wonder and glory and goodness of God’s creation and reality. Thank you!

MaryBeth
    Participant

Beautiful! Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.