Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage,…"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Life — January 19th, 2020 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage,…"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

The Golden Text says this week “Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait,I say, on the Lord.”

Wait- To rest in expectation and patience (Webster’s 1828 Dictionary)

Expectation- Prospect of good to come ( Webster’s 1828 Dictionary

Patience- The act or quality of waiting long for justice or expected good without discontent. (Webster’s 1828 Dictionary)

So I asked myself how am I waiting? Am I waiting on God while at the same time holding in thought fear, resentment, anxiety, doubt, or with an expectation that only good is going on at all times? I must be sure to weed these intruders from my thought because they certainly don’t come from God, the one Mind. I can’t be tempted to disobey God and give these destructive thoughts any power or presence.

Psalm 37:4,5 “Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord: trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”

spencel
    Participant

Thank you for your post. I am finding great comfort in the Biblical promise in our Golden Text this week. It tells us that God “shall strengthen thine heart” not my job to do it or another person’s job but God will take care of it as I trust and obey Him.

“Be of good courage — Keep up thy spirits in the midst of thy greatest dangers and difficulties: let thy heart be fixed, trusting in God, and thy mind stayed on him, and then none of these things will move thee; wait, I say, on the Lord — Whatever thou doest, grow not remiss or careless in thy attendance upon God, but keep close to him and thy duty.” (Benson Commentary)

The definition of strength was shared during our January 12th, 2020 Roundtable.
    “Strength: Firmness; solidity; toughness; power of resisting attacks; power of vigor; confidence.” (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
    I am grateful for the helpful instruction that went with it also.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.