Topic: walk in the light | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

walk in the light

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susanne 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

spencel
    Participant

“…they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.” Ps. 89

I love how our Wednesday meeting readings seem to blend beautifully with our weekly Bible Lessons, another reminder how God’s hand is on it.

Below was part of our Wed. service reading. It is a wonderful citation by Mrs. Eddy that I have put on a piece of paper to carry around with me as I “walk” to remind to remain “in the light” of God.
    “Honor thy Father and Mother, God. Continue in His love. …Pray without ceasing. Watch diligently; never desert the post of spiritual observation and self-examination. Strive for self-abnegation, justice, meekness, mercy, purity, love. Let your light reflect Light. Have no ambition, affection, nor aim apart from holiness. Forget not for a moment, that God is All-in-all—therefore, that in reality there is but one cause and effect.” Miscellaneous Writings

During our meeting a testifier shared of being released of anger through prayer. She shared something that she had heard. It in essence said that others will watch us in our walk with God and depending on how we handle stress we can either bring others to God or turn them away. Having reacted myself recently this was a another reminder of the importance of maintaining our poise with God.

and with a grateful heart-
    “Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.” Ps. 111

Rae
    Participant

Thanks for all the great posts! Today while handling an issue, I opened Misc. Writings to the Bible Lessons, p. 200. The words that jumped out from the page made me laugh. “Christians to-day should be able to say, with the sweet sincerity of the apostle [Paul], “I take pleasure in infirmities,”–I enjoy the touch of weakness, pain, and all suffering of the flesh, because it compels me to seek the remedy for it, and to find happiness, apart from the personal senses.”

I closed the book, laughter bubbling up, and began to give thanks for my so-called infirmity! It was trying to hold me back from having holiday lunch with my husband and our friend. I was able to keep giving thanks silently and ended up having an enjoyable afternoon out. So grateful for the truth! Otherwise, a wonderful time would have been missed by letting a lie rule the day.

Joyful blessings,

Rae

Susanne
    Participant

Lovely posts and so helpful, thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.