Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Walking in truth

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Truth – July 22nd, 2018 Walking in truth

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Susanne
    Participant

“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.” 3 John 1:4

What a beautiful Golden Text. And so I asked myself, what does it mean to “walk in truth”? I think it has to do with “rubber meeting the road”, or, getting serious! Not just having the truth tucked in one’s own heart, and not sharing it, as I did for too long, sharing so very little of it for so many years, afraid to mention the truths of Christian Science (because of what I witnessed in the Boston churches), not having a clue as to how Christian Science is to be truly lived, despite having grown up in it and receiving class instruction!

Matthew Henry states, “The best evidence of our having the truth is our walking in the truth.” I think that means we have to DO something, to share it with others, to help others, to demonstrate the truth. Not just comfortably walking around being satisfied that I somehow “knew” more than others by knowing about Christian Science, that somehow I had “a leg up”. Ha! That’s the trap I fell in, hook, line and sinker. It did little good for myself, and no good to the Christian Science movement. To be IN the movement, we’ve got to actually move, to act, and also move others’ hearts, demonstrate and heal! There is no other way to find satisfaction, and I can thank the Plainfield Church teaching for getting me out of my selfish ways. My life has been completely transformed. Now I look for ways to share the wonderful Christian Science Truth, aka the Laws of the Universe! And I know I can, and must, always do more.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.