Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

What Cannot God Do

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    deder
    Participant

The question posed in Science and Health citation 10, is a very powerful one, which brings to light, the almighty power of God. Even a slight understanding of what God has done, in creating all, and working infinite wonders through Jesus Christ and so many others in The Bible, gives one more than enough reason to keep from doubting. Since I have realized and am beginning to truly understand God’s power through the study and practice of Christian Science , I must do all that is necessary to stand firm on one side; the side of God. When I am aggressively tempted to fear, worry, or doubt that something good can happen with me, mine, or the entire world, no matter how big or small, I must remember that God is forever at work, ask myself the question: what cannot God do?and answer firmly and confidently…NOTHING!

Gary
    Participant

Thank you for this post, for this point is so important. In S&H (p.368), Mrs. Eddy writes, “When we come to have more faith in Spirit than in matter, more faith in living than in dying, more faith in God than in man, then no material supposition can prevent us from healing the sick and destroying error.” The question “what cannot God do?” applies to each of us, since we are, in reality, His image and likeness, the reflection of this infinite, all-power. When you realize that you are God expressing himself, and that there is nothing that God cannot do, you become empowered with something that no one can ever take from you.
    I am so grateful to be learning the real Science of Life and the power and dominion it gives us over everything that is not of God (no matter how big or small it appears).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.