Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

What did Jesus see the Father do?

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gary
    Participant

“Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.” What did Jesus see the Father do? I found it very helpful this morning to go over the synonyms for God, which Mrs. Eddy gave us.
    The Father is divine Principle. And what does Principle do? It brings justice to unjust situations. It treats everyone equally, with respect and care. It punishes injustice.
    The Father is Truth. And what did Jesus see Truth do? He saw it correct all mistakes. He saw it heal all disease, correct all misconceptions, replace all false beliefs. And so he did as well.
    The Father is Love. Love brings harmony to every inharmonious situation. It cares for every one of God’s children. It hates no one, nor does it condone hatred or revenge or envy anywhere.
    Jesus saw God doing all these things. It helped me to recognize that God is always in the midst of us doing these things, and that if I make the effort to see God everywhere, I can’t help but follow Him in every way. I thank God for Mrs. Eddy, for her discovering the Science that illuminates the Bible for us.

MaryBeth
    Participant

Beautiful! Thank you!

JPalmer
    Participant

This is wonderful!

Working with the synonyms has helped me so much, and this is making it even more clear how God works in my, and our, lives.

The following came to me after reading your post:

The Father is Spirit.

What does Spirit do? It is the “Divine substance; Mind; divine Principle; all that is good; God; that only which is perfect, everlasting, omnipresent, omnipotent, infinite.” (S&H, p. 594) Therefore, “…in him we live, and move, and have our being;” (Acts 17:28)

And what does Spirit NOT do? It does not concern itself with the unreal; with false beliefs; or, with material so-called laws. Why? There is no life, no movement, and no being in matter, as it is outside of God’s good reality. The unreal must be uncovered and destroyed.

Jesus knew that anything that claimed circumstances outside of Spirit was being viewed through the lens of materiality and personal sense. He knew it was impossible for the daughter to be dead (Matthew 9:18) because death is not a part of “all that is good.” Spirit certainly never showed death to Jesus.

I am so grateful to this church for showing me the authentic Christian Science that allows for this understanding. It is wonderful to begin to know these truths and to be able to put aside the fear that I used to have. Thank you!

MaryBeth
    Participant

I turned to this in Miscellaneous Writings page 124, which also reveals to us what Jesus saw in His heavenly Father and what we too can strive to emulate, “For ‘who is so great a God as our God!’ unchangeable, all-wise, all-just, all-merciful; the ever-loving, ever-living Life, Truth, Love: comforting such as mourn, opening the prison doors to the captive, marking the unwinged bird, pitying with more than a father’s pity; healing the sick, cleansing the leper, raising the dead, saving sinners. As we think thereon, man’s true sense is filled with peace…”

Florence
    Participant

How so beautiful all of this!! The synonym Principle often listed in the middle of the rest reassures of what we’ve been given. Principle with its attributes of firmness, stability, surety, certainty, reliability and permanence means unchanging foundation. Thank God!

Heidi
    Participant

Thank You Gary! What an inspiration! I am writing my own thoughts on “What My Father Sees,” and does NOT see, or do.
    What a thorough treatment to use daily!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.