Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"What God cannot do, man need not attempt."

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan
    Participant

The Fruitage Chapter in Science and Health is one that has often grounded me when doubt or fear tries to knock at the door. The testimonies of the healings that occurred from simply reading Science and Health, with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy, are glowing with light, and it always encourages me to keep reading this book. How these testimonies can be disregarded, is a question to me.

Many people have been talking about a vaccination that is coming, to wipe out the corona virus, or “nameless nothing” that this church has so correctly given.

I have heard it said, that it is “normal” for pandemics/epidemics to come about every 100 years or so. Vaccinations appear to have wiped out many so called diseases, but I have been wondering how to get to the bottom of all of this, while many people are rejoicing that what is coming soon is a miracle drug. On a human level there is no such thing, as side effects of drugs are often listed, and discovered later.

Science and Health page 185: 17
    “Such theories have no relationship to Christian Science, which rests on the conception of God as the only Life, substance and intelligence, and excludes the human mind as a spiritual factor in the healing work.”

Mary Baker Eddy writes in her preface of Science and Health, page viii: 16:

“Sickness has been combated for centuries by doctors using material remedies; but the question arises, Is there less sickness because of these practitioners? A vigorous “No” is the response deducible from two connate facts, – the reputed longevity of the Antediluvians, and the rapid multiplication and increased violence of disease since the flood.”

In the lesson this week, we read in Science and Health 104:22:

“If he heals sickness through a belief, and a belief originally caused the sickness, it is a case of the greater error overcoming the lesser. This greater error thereafter occupies the ground, leaving the case worse than before it was grasped by the stronger error.” (“He” being the hypnotizer.)

There is a quote I like by Albert Einstein that says “We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”

This week’s lesson has some great and powerful statements that are explaining to me why, although it appears that drugs do temporarily wipe out a disease with one name, another one springs up and is then advertised with a new name. The one and only God, Spirit, takes the axe to the root what caused the belief of disease, that there is life, truth and intelligence in matter.

I am grateful that we have been given the text book of Christian Science, or the second coming of Christ, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, and know that the testimonies in the Fruitage Chapter can shine their glory and proof that “no lesser power equals the infinite All-power.”

Florence
    Participant

There is only one permanent answer to all human woes, it is the Christ Truth of Life in Spirit, God!
    The most effective vaccination has always been here and perhaps it takes times like these for the overall need to turn to the perfect Laboratory/Divine Source, to find it. As Mrs. Eddy says from the Bluebook pg. 269:

Regarding vaccination; there is only the mental vaccination; I
    would take the point of Spirit which is Truth and prick the human
    affections, then inoculate with divine Love, circulating the system
    of thought, and the liability of contagious disease, sin, or sickness will
    cease.

Perfect! And that would not “break the bank” in the least!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.