Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

What ye shall speak

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sharon
    Participant

In the Lesson it states, “But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.” Matthew 10:19

I looked this citation up in the Moffat translation and it says, “Now, when they bring you up for trial, never trouble yourselves about how to speak or what to say; what you are to say will come to you at the moment.”

This has helped me this week. I have been in meetings most of the days and mortal mind tries to make me afraid I won’t say the correct thing. This statement broke the fear and I was able to contribute in a positive way, saying exactly what was needed.

I thank God for the practitioner help I am receiving to see the perfect children of God in these meetings and for the Lesson writer. This statement met my need.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.