Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – July 2nd, 2017 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    richato
    Participant

Nothing, of course. Good thing to think about when things are not going well….. as nothing has changed. God is present, as always. Never fear. Never worry. – of anything that is not of God. Seek a life of serving God and blessing others. God constantly pours out love, showers of blessings, to His children and nothing, can separate us from that love.

Gary
    Participant

Someone once asked me how God could be in hell, since Psalm 139: 8 says, “if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.” In Science, we learn that “hell” is not a place, but a state of consciousness brought about by disobedience to God’s laws. So, no matter how messed up we might be, no matter how long we have disobeyed God’s laws or relied on other “gods,” the divine Mind that knows all and governs all is still everywhere and in complete control. And once we wake up to obey what is true, we find God (Truth, the all-knowing Mind) and benefit from His Life and Love and intelligence immediately. I love one of Peter Kidd’s songs in which he sings, “when I found God, I found me.”

The Psalm goes on to say, “Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.” No matter what state I may be in, Truth never stops leading me toward what is right and true, and Love never stops holding me up from that which is not in my best interest. This is why Mrs. Eddy describes the healing process as waking up out of the Adam dream to see the reality of all things. It is a warfare with the flesh, – with fleshly, selfish, limited beliefs which always lead us in the wrong direction. The warfare is to stop beating my head against the wall, – to wake up to what God is and what He makes, which is the only reality. I find it very comforting to realize that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is infinite!

Michael Pupko
    Participant

I am grateful that the person that introduced me to Christian Science quoted this verse in Psalm 139 to me. It was absolutely stunning to my state of mind that the Bible (now I know Word from God Himself) would make such a declaration and no one in Sunday School or elsewhere had ever broadcast that fact. To me it indicated, even in that state of mind, that there can be no hell. I went home opened the Bible (that my friend had given me!) to that verse and ‘behold’ it WAS there. I’m sure this verse verse will always be one of my favorites for the comfort of God within it!

Thanks for explanations, always wonderful to have an expanded understanding!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.