Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"Whom say ye that I am? – Part 1 of 2

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Christ Jesus — February 28th, 2021 "Whom say ye that I am? – Part 1 of 2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ldshap
    Participant

Matthew 16: 15-17: “. . . whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood have not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.” (Lesson citation #4)

As if asked the same question, “Whom say ye that I am?” – Mrs. Eddy was told: “My students recognize you to be God’s witness and mouthpiece. They are convinced that God is guiding you in this work which you are carrying on for the cause of Christian Science. They feel that you fulfill the prophecies of the Scriptures – that you represent the God-crowned woman mentioned in the Apocalypse. Mrs. Eddy answered [with the same answer, in essence, as Jesus gave to Peter] by pointing her finger upward and saying ‘that is from above.’” (“A Biographical Sketch of Victoria and Laura Sargent, C.S.D.’s” & “Mary Baker Eddy – The Prophetic and Historical Perspective,” by Paul R. Smillie – p. xx).

It was only after: (1) Jesus clearly explained/expounded on his place in prophecy as found throughout the Scriptures, during the Walk to Emmaus; and after, (2) The disciples experienced the day of Pentecost and were filled with the Holy Ghost; and after, (3) Peter “lifted up his voice” to the men of Judea and Jerusalem, clearly acknowledging Christ Jesus’ place in prophecy (Acts 2:14-41), that then the early church membership began to grow exponentially (with 3,000 souls added after just that one sermon!).

So, logically, it follows that only after we “lift up our voices” to all mankind, clearly acknowledging Mrs. Eddy’s proper place in prophecy (as the Plainfield CS Church, Independent is doing, and has been doing for many years!), that then will the Christian Science Church’s membership worldwide likewise greatly increase again (as the membership of the Plainfield Church is doing now!).

• Mrs. Eddy: “People seem to understand Christian Science in the exact ratio that they know me and vice-versa. It sometimes astonishes me to see the invariableness of this rule.”– (ibid, p. xviii)
    • “In proportion as the Movement overcomes its resistance to Mary Baker Eddy, so will the world begin to overcome its resistance to Christian Science.” (ibid, p. xix)
    • “We have work to do, and this work is to break the mesmerism that keeps Christian Scientists from loving their Leader. It is this love for her that will prosper her Cause.” (ibid, p. x)
    • “. . . the time has come for a proper recognition, or ‘true sense,’ of our beloved Leader.” (ibid, p. xx)

I am SOOOOOO grateful to have been led to find the Plainfield CS Church, Independent – “. . . the remnant of her seed. . . who recognize her place in Bible prophecy. . . “ (ibid, p. 252)!! (Continued in next post. . . . )

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.