Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Whose I Am and Whom I Serve

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul and Body – November 19th, 2017 Whose I Am and Whom I Serve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Espaid
    Participant

Acts 27: 23 “For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve;

A simple but powerful statement by Paul. It shows complete devotion, yielding, obedience, and worship to God. It got me thinking, can I say this and mean it? A good thing to think about when I get up in the morning and throughout the day.

From MacLaren’s Expositions:
    God had claimed him for His, and he had yielded to the claim. ‘I am Thine,’ is the deepest thought of this man’s mind and the deepest feeling of his heart. And that is godliness in its purest form, the consciousness of belonging to God.

His purpose was to represent how, as his whole inward nature bowed in submission to, and was under the influence of, God to whom he belonged, so his whole outward life was a life of devotion. He was serving Him there in the ship, amidst the storm and the squalor and the terror. His calmness was service; his confidence was service; the cheery words that he was speaking to these people were service. And on his whole life he believed that this was stamped, that he was devoted to God.

Susanne
    Participant

Such a helpful post, thank you! What an example for us. “…the consciousness of belonging to God” is such a beautiful thing…I’ve often thought that “everything belongs to God, nothing belongs to us” but didn’t include myself… thanks for bringing it home.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.