Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

whose spirit there is no guile

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Everlasting Punishment – May 5th, 2019 whose spirit there is no guile

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.” Psalm 32 : 2

“And in whose spirit there is no guile – Who are sincere and true. That is, who are not hypocrites; who are conscious of no desire to cover up or to conceal their offences; who make a frank and full confession to God, … The idea is not who are “innocent,” or “without guilt,” but who are sincere, frank, and honest in making “confession” of their sins; who keep nothing back when they go before God.” Barnes’ Notes on the Bible

Plainfield has been a great blessing for me because the teachings and support here are helping me to live a life of integrity. It gives a sense of peace and joy to live this way. Reflecting on it today I realized it is not just the dishonesty, per se, but the motives that are driving the behavior such as pride, fear, lack discipline and selfishness. One can use human will and not say a “lie” but I can live an internal life of lies. Now I will ask myself “Am I living my highest sense of right, are my actions authentic, am I pleasing God or person?” “What am I hiding and why?” I can ask God’s help with what ever is keeping me from walking in integrity within and without.

spencel
    Participant

“How should I undertake to demonstrate Christian Science in healing the sick?
    Be honest, be true to thyself, and true to others; then it follows thou wilt be strong in God, the eternal good.” by Mary Baker Eddy, Rudimental Divine Science, page 8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.