Topic: Willingness to become as a little child… | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Willingness to become as a little child…

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – July 1st, 2018 Willingness to become as a little child…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DaleW 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rae
    Participant

Willingness to become as a little child and to leave the old for the new, renders thought receptive of the advanced idea. Gladness to leave the false landmarks and joy to see them disappear, — this disposition helps to precipitate the ultimate harmony. The purification of sense and self is a proof of progress. “Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.”

Science and Health page 323:32-6

Thank you for this week’s Bible lesson. To become as a little child almost seems too simple to be true, mortal mind will tell me. Funny to believe in mortal mind which is nothing, over the only power and truth that is Divine Mind.

Later in the week, I was surprised to find a bold, large text of Mrs. Eddy’s on the backside of an old CS periodical. Her loving quote seemed to be staring me in the face:

“My dear, you have only to lean on God as a little child and divine Mind will teach you all you need to know every moment. Love will direct your footsteps and lighten your labors. This I know to be true.” The quote is from the book We Knew Mary Baker Eddy, Volume II, pg. 376.

Those tender loving words washed over me in simple grace. “Lean on God as a little child…” What peace to surrender and let God be God. It’s not so much what I know but what God knows…how freeing not to be in control.

Thank you!

chardelle
    Participant

Thank you for this beautiful post! I have been thinking about the quality of being like a little child when seeking God.
    Ephesians 5 : 1, 10
    1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

I looked up proving and two things it said : trying and experiencing. I think this goes along with what Mrs. Eddy said, ” ..lean on God as a little child.” then you can experience His Love. I recall that Mrs. Eddy’s mother told her to lean on God when she was a little girl.

DaleW
    Participant

Thank you for these posts. It reminds me of the first sentence in the Preface of the 1875, First Edition of Science and Health, “Leaning on the sustaining Infinite with loving trust, the trials of to-day are brief, and to-morrow is big with blessings.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.