Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

With all your heart.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

Jeremiah 29:13 – “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”

“…when ye shall search for me with all your heart; which, … does not design perfection, but integrity and sincerity; when they draw nigh with a true heart, and call upon him in truth, and search for him with eagerness, with a hearty desire to find him, as men search for gold, and silver, and hid treasure.” Gill’s Exposition of the Bible

Years ago I remember searching for sea glass at the shore and the desire and persistence it often took just to find one piece. I also remember the joy when the treasure was discovered. So I asked myself, “Is my desire to know and feel God a treasure that I put my whole heart, mind and soul into? Do I give the things of God the focus and persistent effort of something loved and deeply valued? What do I quest after?” I appreciate the teachings at Plainfield and the constant work to cultivate humility, honesty, consistency, and unselfed loved in order to have a heart to seek. The promise is we will find Him. That is more than anything else can offer in this world.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.