Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Without murmurings and disputings.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man — March 7th, 2021 Without murmurings and disputings.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“Do all things without murmurings and disputings:” Philippians 2 : 14

“You don’t have to go around uncovering evil all the time. What you have to do, is to see God in everything, from the stars of the universe to a potato patch. Divine Love isn’t busy uncovering evil in everyone, divine Love is busy all the time just being Love. What I said to the self-righteous woman who was always uncovering evil or error for everybody but herself, … She wasn’t serving the Cause of Christian Science, but the cause of animal magnetism.” from 1936 Primary Class by Bicknell Young

1828 Websters
    “Murmuring: grumbling; complaining.
    Disputing: contending by words or arguments; controversy; altercation.”

Having been a complainer this jumped out at me. My focus was always on the negative and the negative I got. I am grateful to be at Plainfield learning how to cultivate spiritual vision, seeing as God sees and the blessings in doing this. Looking for good, expecting good, and keeping a grateful attitude. Thank you writers for these beautiful weekly Lessons.

Linda Russell
    Participant

This Bible verse stood out to me as well for the same reason. Thank you so much for your post. It is very encouraging !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.