Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Word Made Flesh

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

“In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with God, and the Logos was God.” (John 1)

“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” (2 Corinthians 13). The phrase “Jesus Christ is in you” means: “If ye abide in me and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you.” (Jesus at the Last Supper, John 15)

“In the sacred sanctuary of Truth are voices of solemn import,” but humans “heed them not” because the Logos, the Source of these voices, is not abiding in them. (SH, 1910 edition, 232)

The Logos includes all the mighty promises of God, and I am instructed to seek them even as the hart panting for the water brooks (Ps. 42). It is my responsibility to abide in those promises until they “become flesh”, that is, until they are manifest in my practical life experience.

In the words of the angel that spoke to Daniel (Ch. 10): “’Understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright; for unto thee am I now sent.’ And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. Then said he unto me, ‘Fear not, Daniel; for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself [cf., “Examine yourselves”] before God, thy words were heard and I am come for thy words.’”

Today, humankind is bombarded with unprecedented commands and mandates, especially from the world of medicine: fear-instilling demands that are falsely given exaggerated life-or-death significance when in reality they have no significance whatsoever, except to those too fearful to stand upright, in whom the promises of God do not abide.

Job said, “The thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.” (Job 3) Yes, the words and thoughts which I allow to form in me, to abide and take root there, whether good or bad, become flesh. “Thinking so makes it so.” (Mrs. Eddy quoting Shakespeare, SH, 1910 edition, iii.)

The links of the “great chain” that bound Lucifer pictured in the Book of Revelation (ch. 20) are the promises of God that are abiding in the hearts of God’s people, — Christian Scientists above all — for only in this way can you and I hasten the out-picturing of the Millennium: on earth as it is in heaven.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.