Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Worship

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

This lesson was beautiful. I found it helpful lifting up my thoughts about church and working for God.

“Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.”

1828 Webster’s
    Holiness: purity of heart or dispositions; sanctified affections; piety; moral goodness,the state of any thing hallowed, or consecrated to God or to his worship;
    One definition of church I found was, “a community of people, society founded for a purpose.”

“forget not all his benefits” Gratitude is essential in all I do.

“who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies” With His love I can love and be merciful.

“renewed like the eagle’s.” He gives me what I need to do His work.

“Let mount Zion rejoice”- Zion-a dwelling-place of God, bringing forth the fruits of Love. I will do my work with joy.

“…our God for ever and ever”- what a comforting thought to know in a world that seems chaotic and constantly changing that God is unchanging Universal Love and His kingdom is permanent.
    “And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD;”

“…for whither thou goest, I will go;…thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.” The story of Ruth is an example qualities of a person working for God. She responded to the call of God, allowed herself to be used for a holy purpose, gave her all, was humble and willing.
    “prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him; be steadfast”

“..hath shined in our hearts”- I must give back what I am given.

God will keep our hearts and minds.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by spencel.
    spencel
    Participant

From Precepts 2 by Carpenter Sr. And Jr.:
    “The problems of the church are always mental. The most important thing about the church in the eyes of God is the atmosphere. When it is spiritual enough to heal, then it proves that the members are being faithful in their duty to God and man. The prayers of the members, when they are scientific, bring out the radiance of Soul in the services that blesses and heals. The materially-minded may not be conscious of this mental aroma, but the needy ones know of its presence when it heals them.
    The story of the woman who was healed by touching the hem of Jesus’ garment is an important one, since it reveals the fact that he carried with him an atmosphere which healed. Were it not for this record, we might believe that his healing was always the result of a definite and direct effort, which he made when called upon to help; but from this story we know that he worked to put self aside, so that Love would shine through and permeate his atmosphere with its healing influence, so that when needy ones entered it, they would feel it and be healed-are the only proof that can be offered to God that the members appreciate and understand the object of church, and so are doing the mental work…,those who have such a correct concept of church, that they are seeking to utilize every opportunity that the church offers to work mentally.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.