Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Wrongly called miracles

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Christ Jesus – February 28th, 2016 Wrongly called miracles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

“Jesus strips all disguise from error, when his teachings are fully understood. By parable and argument he explains the impossibility of good producing evil; and he also scientifically demonstrates this great fact, proving by what are wrongly called miracles, that sin, sickness, and death are beliefs – illusive errors – which he could and did destroy.” (S&H) Think of this! Sin, disease and death are “illusive errors”! mere “beliefs.” Jesus destroyed them on this basis – by understanding this basic Principle and so can we! That is why it is natural and normal to see error disappearing from our lives. Mrs. Eddy states many times healing is not miraculous but normal and natural. Sometimes we are not even aware of the process until it dawns on consciousness, “ Oh yeah, I don’t have that problem anymore! I have been cured of this, that or the next thing!” It is also why it is important to thank God for our blessings every day so we ARE aware of all the Love He bestows on us always, without fail!

jacob45
    Participant

The article “Oneness” by Bicknell Young makes all this so crystal clear! I sent an audio version of it to Jeremy, I think it is essential for us to work with this teaching, it is so strong and useful.

MaryBeth
    Participant

Yes, thank you – this is a highly important article! We are planning to make an audio of it as well!

Florence
    Participant

I have also found that article “A MUST READ;” because without that correct identifying with the Christ, what self-hood would we be speaking about as being impossible to have an illness or any claim when we do rebuke error. Only the Christ-self (not the material body) is perfect and remains untouched by all the material laws etc. It’s extremely important to acknowledge this unity and live by it.

As the Lesson says:496 : 15-19
    Hold perpetually this thought, — that it is the spiritual idea, the Holy Ghost and Christ, which enables you to demonstrate, with scientific certainty, the rule of healing, based upon its divine Principle, Love, underlying, overlying, and encompassing all true being.

Susanne
    Participant

Bicknell Young’s “Oneness” is indeed a wonderful article. Thank you for this very helpful post!

JeremyRyanPalmer
    Keymaster

Here is a link to the audio that Jacob provided: Oneness by Bicknell Young

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.