Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Ye know not what ye ask

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

3. Matthew 20
    20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee’s children with her sons, …
    21 … She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
    22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask.

5. Luke 23 : 33-43
    33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

It felt profound to me this week that the sons of Zebedee wanted to be on the right and the left of Christ Jesus, and then we see “malefactors” in Luke 23:33-43 on the left and the right. The response, “Ye know not what ye ask” seems, in some ways, from knowing what was to come.

This is yet another reminder to me that I better not to try to outline anything, since I most certainly cannot know my right place unless God tells me. Too often, before Plainfield, I got exactly what I asked for, and it was awful! I am more than happy to do as I am told and to go where He sends me now.

Thank you for this lesson!

Susanne
    Participant

I learned the hard way that “Not my will, but thine be done” is always the best way to deal with my desires. Some things can seem like such a good idea, but putting those on the altar of God and letting Him guide always clarifies things. In the past I put myself through a lot of unnecessary grief by not going to God and seeking His will before my own. Thank goodness for the great teaching going on here at Plainfield that has set me straight. Life is infinitely better now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.