Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

ye seek to kill me

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mind – August 19th, 2018 ye seek to kill me

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BarbaraW
    Participant

In John 8:31-32 Jesus is speaking to “those Jews which believed on him.” In John 8:37 he says “ye seek to kill me …” Is he now speaking to those among them that did not believe? This was a little confusing to me.

Michael Pupko
    Participant

For me this speaks of the constant battle between Spiritual sense and material sense. The anti Christ mentality of the Jews would seek to kill the Christ consciousness.

Originally due to the lack of proper teaching of the Bible and Jesus’s life; also ‘seeing’ more of the bad things religion has been used for than ‘knowing’ the Good things of God I didn’t have faith in the Truth. In about 15 years of Christian Science I’ve had a range of different degrees of understandings of God and Jesus based on my mis-understanding of Truth. Now I have no excuses left; I know enough Truth about them through ‘true teaching’ of Mary Baker Eddy and Plainfield to ‘kill’ any material idea that doesn’t add up to ‘God + anything = Perfection.’ As long as I let the material ideas (tares) grow, they kill my Christ-consciousness which Jesus was trying to impart to the listeners.

In S&H 167:3 Mrs. Eddy tells us; “If we rise no higher than blind faith, the Science of healing is not attained, and Soul-existence, in the place of sense-existence, is not com­prehended. We apprehend Life in divine Science only as we live above corporeal sense and correct it. Our pro­portionate admission of the claims of good or of evil de­termines the harmony of our existence, — our health, our longevity, and our Christianity.

We cannot serve two masters nor perceive divine Science with the material senses.”

BarbaraW
    Participant

Thanks so much for this response. It is very helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.