Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Yet I am Not Alone

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

John 16 : 32, 33 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

This is an awesome teaching and promise, since in our darkest moments it is the false sense of separation from God that increases our fear. How wicked the “enemy ” is; because it is for this Truth that Christ Jesus was stoned: John 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
    32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
    33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

We must never forget we are always with our Father-Mother, this is what our Wayshower wanted us to know and we must know! Nothing can give us more peace and courage than this spiritual fact, that we are NEVER alone.

chardelle

Thank you, this is beautiful. In realizing that to gain this peace of knowing our oneness I must do my part and do a Mrs. Eddy says about understanding God and not merely believing. This has been a puzzle for me, but now see it is an ongoing process not just a light bulb moment. Striving to be pure in thought, meek, kindly, forgiving, patient, and obedient, surly helps us along the way to understanding, and God’s grace to help us along this way is an awesome thing indeed.

Susanne
    Participant

This is indeed a wonderful spiritual fact, that we are truly never alone. This is the best cure for loneliness and depression!

When we realize that God is our life and we are never separated from Him, that we “walk with Love along the way”… this should fill us with the ultimate companionship of God’s love, Emmanuel, God with us, our Christ consciousness … to always feel His presence and thus, never feel alone or lonely. And we can know that is spiritual fact applies to every one of God’s children!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.